- On Site Wood Processing Waipa Campus Learn to process timber from the sawmill to the kilns and then onto machining and treating on site.
- Wood Manufacturing Centre Waipa Campus Wood manufacturing centre provides training in the latest equipment available in the industry
- Waipa Campus Redevelopment Waipa Campus Redevelopment of Waipa Campus in 2011 provided on site training and integration for saw milling, saw doctoring and timber machining.
Waipa campus is well known in the forestry and timber industries, having provided training in wood processing and sawmilling for many years.
State of the art facilities
In 2011, Waipa had significant redevelopment and is now the main campus and training centre for agriculture, horticulture, forestry, wood processing and saw milling at Waiariki. A new wood manufacturing centre and new gasification plant now rub shoulders with new facilities for agriculture and horticulture, all of are only a five minute drive from Mokoia Campus.
Space to learn and grow
Students cultivating their green thumbs are enjoying new vegetable gardens and a new tunnel house. Agriculture students are also benefitting from the space to learn practical fencing, chainsaw skills and use the purpose-built ATV course on site.
The new gasification plant has re-established a process flow of timber from the training sawmill to the high temperature kilns and onto timber machining and treating. This enables integrated saw milling, saw doctoring and timber machining training to occur on site.
Waipa Campus study options are available in the following subjects
Waipa Campus Contact Details
- Location:Waipa Mill Bypass Road, Rotorua
- Address:Private Bag 3028
- Contact:Main Reception
- Phone:07 346 8600
- Phone:0800 86 46 46, (3 for Other Campuses), ext. 8600
- Fax:07 346 8614
- Hours:Monday–Friday, 8.30am – 4.30pm
- Web Page:Waipa Campus (information page)
Page last updated: 02 May 2017