Qualifications:PhD in Economics, MSS and BSS
Phone:+64 7346 8830
Akhtar works as a Business Lecturer at Waiariki. His research interests are International Macroeconomics, Empirical Macroeconomics and Development, and Business and Management.
Akhtar worked as a researcher at John F. Kennedy Institute in Berlin and gained significant teaching experience from teaching at University of Otago (in New Zealand) and Shah Jalal University of Science and Technology (in Bangladesh).
Research Publications and Outputs:
- FDI, Financial Development and Economic Growth: Evidence of Causality from East and South East Asian Countries, (with Samad, A.), Global Business and Economics Review, 2014, Vol.16 (2)
- Relationship Between Economic Growth, Capital Flows, Export, and Relative Prices: An Examination of Thirlwall Law in Bangladesh, (with Hasanuzzaman, S. and Uddin, S.), International Journal of Economics, 2014, Vol. 8(1)
- Panel Cointegration and Pooled Mean Group Estimations of Energy-Output Dynamics in South Asia, Journal of Economics and Behavioral Studies, (with Das, A. and Chowdhury, M.), 2012.
- Is Inflation Purely a Monetary Phenomenon in Bangladesh? Examining Long-run Evidence, (with Hasanuzzaman, S. and Shaha, M.), 2012, SUST studies
- Exploring Prospect of the Clothing and Textile Industry: Is Bangladesh Following a Right Growth Strategy? (with Hasanuzzaman, S.), World Journal of Social Sciences, 2012 Vol.2(4)
Page last updated: 13 Oct 2017