- All graduands will be provided with two free tickets for their guests
- Graduands do NOT need tickets for themselves
- Up to two additional tickets can be purchased at $10 a ticket
- All tickets MUST be requested on your Graduation Application form
- Apply early to increase your chances of receiving tickets
- Extra tickets, if available, can be purchased through the Mokoia Campus cashier
- Seats are not reserved, early seat selection is recommended
- All guests aged 3 years and older require a ticket
- An area is reserved for guests in wheelchairs
What it costs to attend a graduation awards ceremony
Apply early and save money! Take advantage of our early bird discounts:
Degree and Postgraduate
$65 (Standard Application Fee)
$55 (Early Bird Fee)
If you are graduating with a degree or higher level qualification, you pay $55 with Early Bird Fee and $65 with the Standard Application Fee.
Certificate and Diploma
$40 (Standard Application Fee)
$30 (Early Bird Fee)
If you are graduating with a certificate or diploma, and you are not a degree holder from any institute, you pay $30 with the Early Bird Fee, otherwise you pay $40 with the Standard Application Fee;
Graduation fees provide your regalia hire and up to two complimentary tickets for guests to attend your ceremony. Be sure to select the desired number of free and purchased tickets when you complete your Graduation Application Form as tickets usually sell out and may not be available the day of or leading up to the event.
The following payment options are available:
- Payment by debit or credit card is acceptable via the online Graduation Application Form.
- Pay in person: cash, EFTPOS or credit card to the cashier on Mokoia Campus.
Please note: The graduation fee is not a bond, it is a payment. You will not be refunded if you change your mind or are unable to attend the ceremony for any reason. However, you will be refunded the payment costs if you fail to meet the qualification criteria required to graduate.
How to purchase extra tickets
- Seating is limited at all ceremony venues and expected to fill.
- All graduands will be provided with two (2) free tickets for their guests. All guests aged 3 years and older will require a ticket to enter the auditorium. Graduands do NOT need tickets for themselves.
- Graduands can purchase up to two (2) additional tickets at $10 each, while seats last.
Applying early for graduation and purchasing your extra tickets is highly recommended and will increase your chances of receiving tickets.
All tickets MUST be requested on your Graduation Application. Applying early is highly recommended and will increase your chances of receiving tickets.
Requested and purchased tickets will be mailed to graduands along with a Graduation Handbook.
If you have not received this package 3 weeks prior to the ceremony date, please contact the graduation coordinator immediately.
Extra tickets, if available, can be purchased through the cashier.
*We cannot guarantee extra tickets will be available at any time.
Seats are not reserved, and are available on a first-come, first-served basis to guests with tickets. The venues tend to fill up, so early seat selection is recommended.
Prams are not allowed inside the auditorium.
An area is reserved for guests in wheelchairs. Please contact the graduation coordinator if you or any of your guests require wheelchair access or assistance.
Not attending a graduation ceremony?
If you do not wish to attend a graduation awards ceremony you do not have to do anything unless your address and/or contact details have changed. You will be notified via text when your parchment is available for collection. If you choose not to collect your parchment, it will be mailed to your address that we have on file.
- Change of Personal Details form (online form)
If you'd like to receive a parchment for an embedded qualification, visit the following link for more information on this process:
Graduation Team Contact Details
- Location:I Block, Mokoia Campus
- Contact:Graduation Coordinator
- Phone:07 346 8809
- Phone:0800 86 46 46, (1 for Rotorua), ext. 8809
- Hours:Monday–Friday, 8.30am – 4.30pm
- Web Page:Graduation (information page)
- Map:Mokoia Campus Map (533.8 KB updated 02-May-2017)
Page last updated: 24 Oct 2017