Sunrise Rotary is an engaged, action orientated, vibrant club with passionate members that shine and have fun!
Vision: A network of inspired individuals who translate their passions into relevant social causes to change lives in local and international communities.
Mission: We provide service to others; promote integrity, and advance world understanding, goodwill, and peace through our fellowship of business, professional, and community leaders.
The Rotary Club of Rotorua Sunrise is part of a global network of 34,500 clubs, all intent on encouraging and fostering the ideal of “service above self”. Globally there are 1.2 million members working to eradicate polio, provide clean water and promote literacy.
The Rotary Club of Rotorua Sunrise Charitable Trust is the charitable arm of the Rotary Club of Rotorua Sunrise and its members are committed to helping others.
The trust carries out projects to raise funds for local community groups and to send funds overseas for projects in poor nations. Members are regularly involved in voluntary service in Rotorua and in the Pacific Islands. For example members have volunteered as tutors in the Oral Language programme at Western Heights Primary School. A programme designed to improve the level of oral language for year 1 and 2 students to better prepare them for formal learning at school.
Other local fundraisers and projects the club is involved in include:
- Rotary Global Swimarathon to End Polio Now Fund
- Supporting the Rotary Club of Taveuni Island, Fiji by sending medical supplies, linen, books and school furniture to the island, along with members volunteering to refurbish a girls dormitory at Niusawa High School
- Rotorua Lakeside Concert collection for Te Whakaponu Trust and Plunket
- Christmas Trailer raffle at Pak ‘n Save with funds going to St Johns and Bay Trust Rescue Helicopter
- Rotorua Marathon where members were sponsored runners/walkers raising $10,000 for Rotorua Community Hospice Endowment Fund
- Other community groups to benefit from our recent fundraising include - Kaharoa Kokako Trust, Canteen, Stars of Courage Child Cancer Foundation, Fred Hollows Foundation, St Jude’s School in Tanzania, Linton Park Community Centre, Rotorua Menz Shed, Big Brother Big Sister Rotorua, Rotorua Youth Centre, Emergency Response Kits for the Pacific Islands and the ShelterBox global programme
- Members have volunteered their time to build Rotahomes in Fiji which aims to improve housing for the poor. Rotary clubs in New Zealand, Australia and Fiji have combined resources with the New Zealand Aid Programme, and the NGO, Habitat for Humanity and the Fijian Government to provide time and resources to build the Rotahomes
Members love being involved with ventures like the Charity House project. The trust has the leadership, community networks and committees to make sure it’s a success in terms of distributing the proceeds to local charities over the coming years.
Rotary Club of Rotorua Sunrise Charitable Trust Contact Details
- Location:Meetings: Rydges Rotorua Hotel, Fenton St – every Tuesday at 6.45am - all welcome
- Address:PO Box 1015
Page last updated: 19 Oct 2017