Rotorua X values are truly EPIC: Exciting, Pioneering, Innovative and Collaborative. Their core strategy is to build Rotorua X as a social enterprise applying commercial principles to ensure long term sustainability.
Rotorua X has found a ‘gap’ to revitalise Rotorua and our CBD by developing a programme dedicated to launching and accelerating new businesses and social enterprises to town. They will spur business development, as well as help launch new enterprises in town through business incubation.
Launched in April 2014 Rotorua X Incubate is a collaborative venture between Rotorua X Charitable Trust (connecting, inspiring and developing emerging leaders, businesses and non-profit organisations), Toi Toi Foundation (vocational pathways for young adults), BDO Rotorua (accounting and advisory services), Employers & Manufacturers Association (employment law and employee engagement) and Flair Space (co-working community).
Rotorua X Incubate is a three month incubation programme designed for Rotorua business and/or social entrepreneurs whose new enterprise is less than two years old. Waiariki’s sponsorship will give two new entrepreneurs:
- Dedicated seat at Rotorua X Entrepreneurs monthly forums
- Flair Space co-working pod with ultrafast broadband and executive boardroom for three months
- Three Rotorua X Mastery business essentials training modules
- Three group mentoring sessions facilitated by Icehouse coach Darren McGarvie
- Attendance at Rotorua X Connect events
Waiariki is proud to be associated with Rotorua X – the fastest growing professional and business network in the Bay of Plenty.
Page last updated: 19 Oct 2017