International Student Requirements
Advise the International Centre immediately if you change your accommodation address and/or contact numbers. Failure to do so may place your continuation as a student in jeopardy.
All homestay and hostel contracts are between the provider of accommodation and student. We do the best we can to meet your accommodation preferences. For students looking for rental accommodation, our International Centre is available to help you find suitable rental accommodation.
Tangatarua Hall of Residence is located next to Mokoia Campus. Situated in a park-like setting with mature landscaping and open spaces, the hall offers students affordable housing within walking distance to your courses on Mokoia Campus. The hall is open to all students and offers an ideal alternative to commuting from other areas.
Some of the facilities and services include:
- communal kitchen and dining areas
- full-time residential manager to ensure your security and safety
- broadband internet available in your room
- table tennis
- pool table and games, and
- free on-site parking
Rates and room agreement
- Tangatarua Hall of Residence Room Types and Prices with Accommodation Agreement (616.4 KB updated 02-May-2017)
Rules and regulations
- Tangatarua Hall of Residence Handbook (2.3 MB updated 02-May-2017)
Make an application
The homestay option is especially recommended for students studying English. This will provide you with an opportunity to practice your English in a real world situation. Living in a family environment will also aid your adjustment to life in New Zealand.
We encourage you to commit to at least one month with your host family, which will allow you time to adapt to each other.
The weekly homestay fee of NZ$195 includes your own room, most meals, and power and laundry. It may also include internet access.
International Centre Contact Details
- Location:E Block, Mokoia Campus
- Address:International Centre
Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology
Private Bag 3028
- Contact:International Team
- Phone:07 346 8712
- Phone:+64 7 346 8712
- Hours:Monday–Friday, 8am – 4.30pm
- Web Page:International Students (information page)
- Map:Mokoia Campus Map (533.8 KB updated 02-May-2017)
- More information:firstname.lastname@example.org (applications and offers)
email@example.com (arrival bookings and accommodation)
firstname.lastname@example.org (agent matters)
Page last updated: 05 Sep 2017