Toi Ohomai is an official IELTS (International English Language Testing System) Test Centre. IELTS is the world’s most popular high stakes English language test, taken for study, work and migration.
How you apply
IDP Education Ltd has introduced the Online Registration System (ORS) which means anyone can apply for the IELTS test online. It enables you to book, pay, and submit your proof of identity documentation for the IELTS Test.
To apply online, please select the module (Academic, or General Training) from the required test date below and you are all set to begin.
|Saturday, 30 September 2017|
|Saturday, 14 October 2017|
|Saturday, 11 November 2017|
|Saturday, 04 November 2017|
|Saturday, 02 December 2017|
- The cost for the IELTS test is $385.00 (NZD)
- Toi Ohomai IELTS Centre will send you a confirmation email containing information for your test/day. If you haven't received our email, let us know.
- The seats fill quickly so we suggest you register at least one month prior to the test.
- If the test date you need is not listed, you can apply to another IELTS Test Centre
- For more information, visit the IELTS websites: www.ielts.org and www.ieltsessentials.com
Note: On the day of your test you must bring your passport or you will not be able to sit the IELTS test.
There is one charge covering any combination of the four modules. Please note that Re-marks may take up to 6 weeks to be processed. Should your mark increase as a result of the Re-mark, you will receive a full refund less the administration fee of $50.00.
Please note that you may not cancel a test within 5 weeks of the test date without losing the full IELTS fee paid.
You may transfer or cancel your date so long as you have given five weeks to do this
Absent on test date
There is no refund of your test fee, unless you present a verification of illness or bereavement, within 5 days of the test. You can also choose to sit the test within 3 months at our centre.
Your IELTS Test Report form will be available for collection 13 days after the test date. You must bring your passport to collect your results. If you have requested that we send your results through the mail, we do this 13 days after the test date.
Results will be issued only once. We can also send your IELTS test results to receiving organisations.
- You may preview your test results 13 days after your test date on the following website:
- NOTE: UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) have a range of specific requirements for candidates wishing to use English language tests for UK visa applications. It is therefore essential that you let us know before you register for the test if you are intending to use your IELTS result for UK visa purposes. We will then advise you of available test dates and the registration process.
IELTS Writing Assist
IDP Education is proud to introduce its new product, Writing Assist.
This offers you the opportunity to have your writing skills assessed, showing at a glance, demonstrated strengths and weaknesses and providing suggestions for improvement.
For more information and registration visit their website:
IELTS Masterclass Webinars
Our popular IELTS Masterclass product is available in both face-to-face and webinar format. We have four webinars per month scheduled at no cost to test takers.
The online version is in two formats: one for speaking, reading and listening; the other, for writing only.
Both sessions run for approximately. 60 minutes and feature 15-20 minutes of question time where participants can ask questions direct to the presenter.
Availability: IELTS Masterclass webinar is intended for test takers located in Australia and New Zealand only.
Participants register online at link.ieltsessentials.com/masterclass-webinar
Participants will receive an email confirmation with details about how to log in to the event.
IELTS Customer Connect
If you have further questions about IELTS and the services IELTS provide, then feel free to use the IELTS Customer Connect online enquiry form.
IELTS Centre Contact Details
- Location:E018, E Block, Mokoia Campus
- Address:IELTS Test Centre
Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology
Private Bag 3028
- Contact:Sylvia Tahuriorangi, IELTS Administrator
- Phone:+64 7 346 8731
- Phone:0800 86 46 46, (1 for Rotorua), ext. 8731
- Hours:Monday-Friday, 10-4pm
- Web Page:IELTS Test Centre (information page)
- Map:Mokoia Campus Map (533.8 KB updated 02-May-2017)
Page last updated: 02 May 2017