A citation is a credit or reference to another document or source which identifies reading which has influenced the writer and provides support for the writer’s professional arguments.
- To acknowledge the borrowing of ideas, phrases, or other material, giving credit to the original owner of the intellectual property.
- To avoid intentional or accidental plagiarism.
- To enable readers to follow up on sources used or to provide feedback about the quality of the work.
For more information on APA Referencing, please refer to the Waiariki APA 6th guide or make an appointment with a librarian.
Online research tools
KnightCite is a web based citation generator hosted by the Calvin College Hekman Library that formats bibliographic information per academic standards for use in research papers and scholarly works. It has become a popular tool for tertiary students seeking help formatting bibliographies and citations. Users simply enter information obtained from an academic source, and the engine automatically delivers the bibliographic reference in the requested format. Make sure you choose the APA citation style.
- KnightCite citation generator (external link)
Mokoia Campus Library Learning Centre Contact Details
- Location:Level 3, N Block, Mokoia Campus
- Phone:07 346 8805
- Fax:07 346 8877
- Hours:Monday–Thursday, 8am–6pm
Monday–Friday, 8am–4.30pm (holiday hours)
- Web Page:Library (information page)
- Map:Mokoia Campus Map (533.8 KB updated 02-May-2017)
Page last updated: 02 May 2017