- Code: COMM.5000
- Fee: $819*
- Level: 5
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Business Management, Communications and Writing
|Time in class||75 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1, Semester 2, November|
This course will introduce students to problem solving and communication in the context of occupational health and safety and sustainable practices, and to introduce them to collaborative, student-centred learning.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- interpret and apply the Health and Safety in Employment Act 1992;
- explain and apply requirements for sustainable practice;
- communicate interpersonally using written, visual, oral and electronic media; and
- demonstrate critical and lateral thinking and the use of problem solving techniques.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017