- Code: AUTO.4114
- Fee: $819*
- Level: 4
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Automotive
|Time in class||40 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||January, June|
Whakatane intake: January Only
|Location||Rotorua (Mokoia), Taupo, Whakatane|
The aim of this course is to provide students with the skills and knowledge to diagnose and rectify faults in automotive brakes, wheel balancing, transmissions, suspension and steering systems.
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Assess vehicle braking systems.
- Diagnose and repair brake system faults.
- Assess vehicle steering and suspension systems.
- Understand the theoretical concepts of automotive manual transmissions.
- Understand interchanging and balancing road wheels in the motor industry.
- Remove and replace road wheels in the motor industry.
- Balance wheels of a vehicle in the motor industry.
- Demonstrate knowledge of hydraulic brake fluid, fluid replacement, and brake bleeding procedures.
Embedded unit standards or achievement standards
|Demonstrate knowledge of automotive manual transmissions||239||2||2|
|Demonstrate knowledge of interchanging and balancing road wheels in the motor industry||21679||2||2|
|Demonstrate knowledge of hydraulic brake fluid, fluid replacement, and brake bleeding procedures||21689||2||2|
|Demonstrate knowledge of vehicle braking systems||21720||2||2|
|Demonstrate knowledge of vehicle steering and suspension systems||21721||2||2|
|Balance wheels off a vehicle in the motor industry||21722||2||2|
|Remove and replace road wheels in the motor industry||21869||1||1|
For more information on Unit Standards explore the NZQA Framework
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017