- Code: AUTO.4113
- Fee: $819*
- Level: 4
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Automotive
|Time in class||50 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||January, June|
Whakatane intake: January Only
|Location||Rotorua (Mokoia), Taupo, Whakatane|
The aim of this course is to provide students with the skills and knowledge to diagnose and test for faults in automotive electrical and ignition systems.
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Describe automotive ignition systems and their operation.
- Diagnose and rectify faults in an ignition system.
- Understand the theoretical concepts of protecting vehicle electronics in the motor industry.
- Demonstrate knowledge of testing automotive electrical circuits.
- Demonstrate knowledge of automotive batteries.
- Service an automotive battery.
- Select test equipment and test an automotive electrical circuit.
Embedded unit standards or achievement standards
|Service an automotive battery||233||2||2|
|Describe automotive ignition systems and their operation||235||2||4|
|Demonstrate knowledge of protecting vehicle electronics in the motor industry||3877||2||2|
|Demonstrate knowledge of testing automotive electrical circuits||21667||2||3|
|Demonstrate knowledge of automotive batteries||21675||2||2|
|Select test equipment and test an automotive electrical circuit||21676||2||4|
For more information on Unit Standards explore the NZQA Framework
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017