- Code: AUTO.4116
- Fee: $819*
- Level: 4
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Automotive
|Time in class||40 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||January, June|
Whakatane intake: January Only
|Location||Rotorua (Mokoia), Taupo, Whakatane|
The aim of this course is to provide students with the skills and knowledge required to understand diesel and petrol fuel systems, determine new and emerging automotive technology and terminology, and perform servicing and maintenance tasks on fuel systems.
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Remove, fit and time a diesel fuel pump and diagnose diesel injector spray patterns.
- Demonstrate knowledge of petrol fuel systems.
- Understand and apply terminology used in the motor industry.
- Determine factors that affect changes to technology, and demonstrate knowledge of new and emerging technology in the motor industry.
- Demonstrate knowledge of diesel fuel systems.
- Perform minor servicing tasks on a diesel fuel system.
Embedded unit standards or achievement standards
|Demonstrate knowledge of petrol fuel systems||240||2||3|
|Demonstrate knowledge of new and emerging technology in the motor industry||21672||2||5|
|Demonstrate knowledge of terminology used in the motor industry||21674||2||2|
|Demonstrate knowledge of a diesel fuel system||21677||2||2|
|Perform minor servicing tasks on a diesel fuel system||21692||2||2|
For more information on Unit Standards explore the NZQA Framework
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017