- Code: BEAU.5006
- Fee: $716*
- Level: 5
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Hairdressing
|Time in class||34 (approximate total hours)|
|Pre-requisite||Completion of Year 1 of the Diploma in Beauty Therapy (Certificate in Beautician Services), or equivalent skills and knowledge|
|Related programmes||Diploma in Beauty Therapy;|
Course AimGain the skills and knowledge to perform advanced massage therapies. Students will gain experience in the structure and function of the skin, hair, head, neck, upper arms and back, body systems and body analysis, Indian massage and stone therapy techniques, products and tools used for advanced massage treatments, client consultation and care and after-care advice.
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- describe and explain the structure, functions, diseases and disorders of the skin, hair, head, neck, upper arms and back, and body systems in relation to advanced massage therapies;
- demonstrate knowledge of advanced massage therapies including Indian head massage and stone therapy massage techniques, products, tools, equipment, treatment preparation and safe working practices;
- understand and perform detailed body analysis and relevant tests;
- undertake client consultation for advanced massage therapies and provide clear recommendations to clients;
- select products, tools and equipment to suit client treatment needs, skin types and conditions;
- provide Indian head massage and stone therapy massage using the appropriate techniques, tools and products;
- provide after-care advice to clients using effective communication skills;
- record and maintain client details for advanced massage therapies; and
- evaluate the effectiveness of advanced massage therapies provided.
Embedded unit standards or achievement standardsThis course includes City & Guilds 3003 311 and 3003 322.
For more information on Unit Standards explore the NZQA Framework
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017