- Code: BEAU.5007
- Fee: $716*
- Level: 5
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Hairdressing
|Time in class||51 (approximate total hours)|
|Pre-requisite||Completion of Year 1 of the Diploma in Beauty, Body and Spa Therapies, or equivalent skills and knowledge|
|Related programmes||Diploma in Beauty Therapy;|
The aim of this course is to provide students with the skills and knowledge to perform advanced spa therapies. Students will gain experience in detailed skin and body analysis, anatomy and physiology of body systems and structures, body wrapping treatments and techniques, products and tools used for advanced spa treatments, client consultation and care, after-care advice and technological developments within the hair and beauty related industries.
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- describe and explain the structure, systems, functions, diseases and disorders of the body and skin in relation to advanced spa therapies;
- demonstrate knowledge of advanced spa therapies including reflexology, body wrapping treatments and techniques, products, tools, equipment, treatment preparation and safe working practices;
- understand and perform detailed body analysis and relevant tests;
- undertake client consultation for advanced spa therapies and provide clear recommendations to clients;
- select products, tools and equipment to suit client treatment needs, skin types and conditions;
- provide advanced spa therapies using the appropriate techniques, tools and products;
- provide after-care advice to clients using effective communication skills;
- record and maintain client details for advanced spa therapies;
- evaluate the effectiveness of advanced spa therapies provided; and
- research, report and present findings on technological developments with the hair and beauty related industries.
Embedded unit standards or achievement standards
This course includes City & Guilds 3002 326.
For more information on Unit Standards explore the NZQA Framework
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017