- Code: BEAU.5004
- Fee: $716*
- Level: 5
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Hairdressing
|Time in class||51 (approximate total hours)|
|Pre-requisite||Completion of Year 1 of the Diploma in Beauty Therapy (Certificate in Beautician Services), or equivalent skills and knowledge|
|Related programmes||Diploma in Beauty Therapy;|
Course AimGain the skills and knowledge to perform body electrotherapy treatments. Students will gain experience in detailed body analysis, anatomy and physiology of body systems and structures, products, tools, equipment and techniques used for body electrotherapy treatments, client consultation and care and after-care advice.
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- describe and explain the structure, systems, functions, diseases and disorders of the body in relation to body electrotherapy treatments, including body types and characteristics;
- demonstrate knowledge of body electrotherapy treatments including electrical currents, different techniques used, products, tools, equipment, treatment preparation and safe working practices;
- understand and perform detailed body analysis and relevant tests;
- undertake client consultation for body electrotherapy treatments and provide clear recommendations to clients;
- select products, tools and equipment to suit client treatment needs, body types and conditions;
- provide body electrotherapy treatments using a range of techniques, tools, equipment and products;
- provide after-care advice to clients using effective communication skills;
- record and maintain client details for body electrotherapy treatments; and
- evaluate the effectiveness of body electrotherapy treatments provided.
Embedded unit standards or achievement standardsThis course includes City & Guilds 3003 307 - Provide body electrotherapy treatments.
For more information on Unit Standards explore the NZQA Framework
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017