- Code: BEAU.5008
- Fee: $716*
- Level: 5
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Hairdressing
|Time in class||34 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||February, July|
|Pre-requisite||Completion of Year 1 of the Diploma in Beauty Therapy (Certificate in Beautician Services), or equivalent skills and knowledge|
|Related programmes||Diploma in Beauty Therapy;|
Gain the skills and knowledge to perform advanced spa therapies. Students will gain experience in detailed skin and body analysis, anatomy and physiology of body systems and structures, body wrapping treatments and techniques, products and tools used for advanced spa treatments, client consultation and care, after-care advice and technological developments within the hair and beauty related industries.
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- recognise and relate knowledge of health and wellbeing in relation to dietary intake, eating and lifestyle choices, exercise, posture and weight management;
- behave in a professional manner within the workplace;
- assess the advantages and disadvantages of different types of communication used with clients;
- use and adapt effective and appropriate communication techniques when dealing with clients;
- undertake effective client analysis and consultation to determine client needs and expectations, and identify treatment objectives;
- maintain client confidentiality, respect, sensitivity and cultural awareness;
- provide professional recommendations and advice to clients;
- use and adapt retail sales techniques to meet client requirements; and
- evaluate client feedback on service and treatments provided, and determine future treatments or work practice improvements required.
Embedded unit standards or achievement standards
This course includes City & Guilds 3003 303.
For more information on Unit Standards explore the NZQA Framework
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017