|Translation||Pōkaitahi o Aotearoa Pakihi (Whakahaerenga, Hangarau) (Pae 3)|
|Domestic student fee||$2,692* (per year)|
|Intakes||Semester 1, Semester 2|
|Intakes information|| |
Semester 2 intake available at Rotorua (Mokoia) campus ONLY.
|Study options||Full-time, Part-time|
|Location||Rotorua (Mokoia), Taupo, Whakatane|
|*Fees are applicable to study in 2017 and are indicative only; fees will vary depending on the courses selected, and/or course-related costs where applicable.|
|All of our full-time programmes qualify for student loans and allowances through StudyLink. Many part-time programmes also qualify. Apply online at www.studylink.govt.nz or phone 0800 88 99 00. Apply early to help avoid enrolment and payment delays.|
Gain technical and administrative skills to improve performance and productivity in a range of supervised office administration roles.
Graduates of this programme will be able to operate business technologies and perform a range of administrative tasks in a bi- and multi-cultural environment.
Receptionist, data entry operator, front line customer service roles, call or contact centre operators, secretary, office support workers
Knowledge and skills you will gain
- Provide administrative and general office services using business technologies, to support everyday operational activities.
- Perform financial calculations, process data and produce information for business purposes.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders.
- Work cooperatively within a team, and contribute to the achievement of objectives.
- Select and apply customer service techniques, to meet stakeholder expectations.
- Apply effective problem-solving and decision-making for business purposes.
- Demonstrate professional and ethical behaviour, in a socially and culturally appropriate manner.
- Manage self effectively to contribute to performance of the entity.
- Comply with internal policies, and legislation and other external requirements for business entities.
Admission and entry requirements for this qualification are in accordance with the academic regulations.
|Course details (all level 3 and 15 credits)|
|BATS.3100 Business Reception and Office Services: Taupaepae Pakihi me ngā Ratonga Tari|
Develop a skills to work effectively individually or part of a team, to provide services to a business. Learn about effective communication and customer service skills, relevant legislation, and policies and procedures relevant to the business environment.
|BATS.3101 Business Documents for the Workplace: Ngā Tuhinga Pakihi mō te Wāhi Mahi |
Produce business documents that are suitable for the workplace using a variety of software applications and technologies.
|BATS.3102 Financial Documents: Tuhinga Pūtea
Produce and share financial documents that are suitable for the workplace, including the use of relevant systems and software to create, share and store documents.
|BATS.3103 Business Communication: Kōrerorero Pakihi
Develop knowledge and skills to communicate effectively within a business environment, and to obtain, communicate, and reproduce information using business technologies.
Page last updated: 30 Sep 2017