- Code: MGMT.9001
- Fee: $793*
- Level: 8
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Business Management
|Study options||Full-time, Part-time|
|Time in class||60 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1, Semester 2, November|
Students will identify an area to research, formulate research questions and hypotheses, conduct a literature review, select a methodological approach and create both research approval and ethics approval application documents for an extended field, dissertation or thesis project. The proposal will be both documented and formally defended.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- analyse formal research project phases;
- create a professional level research question and hypothesis;
- conduct a critical research literature review to support a formal research project;
- critically analyse research methods and select an appropriate research methodology to address a specific research question;
- create a formal research proposal;
- analyse ethical issues in a proposed formal research project;
- create a formal ethics approval application; and
- orally defend a formal research project proposal.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017