- Code: COMM.5960
- Fee: $793*
- Level: 5
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Business Management, Communications and Writing
|Study options||Full-time, Part-time|
|Time in class||75 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1, Semester 2|
|Related programmes||Bachelor of Applied Management - Business Management;|
Gain the ability to communicate effectively using a wide range of techniques and technologies within a business environment. This course will enable students to be better equipped to write business letters, reports, take notes from meetings and write up minutes. The course will also enable students to develop research skills and learn how to present to a small audience.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- examine cultural and societal influences within communication and apply it to a business context;
- apply effective interpersonal communication skills in business situations;
- develop formal and informal communication documentation; and
- demonstrate understanding of organisational communication using a range of techniques to explain communication processes in business.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017