- Code: MGMT.6603
- Fee: $897*
- Level: 6
- Credits: 20
- EFTS: 0.1667
- Subject: Business Management
|Study options||Full-time, Part-time|
|Time in class||65 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1, Semester 2|
|Intakes information||Semester 2 intake: Mokoia Campus only|
|Location||Rotorua (Mokoia), Taupo, Whakatane|
Course AimStudents will apply financial management knowledge and skills to a small or medium size business for decision-making purposes.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- examine the role of business finance in small and medium entities, and the business finance environment;
- apply capital budgeting techniques and evaluate investment decisions;
- apply knowledge of working capital techniques to effectively manage the finances of a business;
- compare and contrast financing options and make recommendations for given business situations;
- examine capital structure and cost of capital, and calculate the cost of capital; and
- assess the inter-relationship of financial management issues for a given business situation and provide recommendations.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017