- Code: COMM.8001
- Fee: $793*
- Level: 8
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Communications and Writing
|Time in class||60 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1, Semester 2|
Students will analyse their personal communication style and investigate congruence to effective management practices. Students will critically examine a range of professional communication practices required to address an array of management situations. Students will analyse and assimilate communication characteristics associated with the effective manager, and consider cultural competence and biculturalism as practice approaches in management.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- investigate and analyse a range of communication behavioural styles in relation to effective management practices such as assertive, submissive, aggressive, manipulative;
- reflect and appraise personal communication characteristics and communication behavioural style;
- analyse biculturalism and cultural competence as concepts of communication approaches to management practices;
- critically discuss key communication circumstances encountered in the work place; and
- investigate, analyse and assimilate key communication characteristics required by effective managers in a range of situations such as emotional intelligence, listening skills, self awareness and team facilitation techniques.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017