- Code: MGMT.6601
- Fee: $897*
- Level: 6
- Credits: 20
- EFTS: 0.1667
- Subject: Business Management
|Study options||Full-time, Part-time|
|Time in class||65 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1, Semester 2|
|Pre-requisite||MGMT.5500 (or equivalent skills and knowledge) and MGMT.5501|
Students will apply Generally Accepted Accounting Practice (GAAP) to prepare and present general purpose financial reports for a company and evaluate a listed company for the purpose of shareholder investment.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- process transactions relating to the formation of a company and changes to shareholder equity, and analyse relevant implications;
- examine the New Zealand Accounting Standards Framework;
- apply aspects of accounting standards in the preparation and presentation of general purpose financial reports for a company;
- critically review, analyse, and interpret financial and non-financial information and effectively communicate conclusions for the purpose of shareholder investment; and
- explain the purpose of and apply the current accounting requirements for consolidated financial statements.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017