- Code: MGMT.8006
- Fee: $793*
- Level: 8
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Business Management
|Study options||Full-time, Part-time|
|Time in class||60 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1, Semester 2, November|
Analyse human resource management theories, models, systems and relevant employer-related legislation key to human resources management. Human resources practices will be considered in line with strategic human resources management – alignment with goals of departments and organisation to ensure long term competitive advantage.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Critically analyse HRM, models and systems and their evolution
- Analyse and discuss historical and current employer-related legislation including HRM contribution to creating a healthy and safe workplace, and Treaty commitments.
- Critically evaluate a range of HRM Practices in the work place from recruitment through performance management to dismissal in a New Zealand context.
- Discuss strategic human resource management for competitive advantage as the fit between human resource strategies and organisational strategy.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017