- Code: MGMT.5510
- Fee: $897*
- Level: 5
- Credits: 20
- EFTS: 0.1667
- Subject: Business Management
|Time in class||65 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 2|
|Location||Rotorua (Mokoia), Taupo, Whakatane|
The aim of this course is to provide students with knowledge of commercial law and enable application to legal reasoning.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Explain core elements of the New Zealand legal system and apply section 5 (1) of the Interpretation Act to a legislative provision
- Understand the basic principles of the law of torts and apply the tort of negligence to simple business situations.
- Understand and apply the basic principles of the law of contract to simple business situations
- Understand the basic principles of consumer law and be able to apply those principles to everyday situations.
- Demonstrate an awareness of an aspect of a legal topic affecting business in a given situation.
- Explain the basic principles of property law and apply relevant provisions of the Sales and Goods Act to given situations
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017