- Code: MGMT.6632
- Fee: $897*
- Level: 6
- Credits: 20
- EFTS: 0.1667
- Subject: Business Management
|Study options||Full-time, Part-time|
|Time in class||65 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 2|
|Location||Rotorua (Mokoia), Taupo, Whakatane|
The aim of this course is to provide students with knowledge of the principles and functions of operations management and apply techniques to ensure efficient and effective production of goods and services.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Analyse the nature of contemporary operations management and the role of the operations manager.
- Explain quality management, and apply quality management techniques to improve operations in a given situation.
- Select appropriate facilities and processes to ensure efficient provision of goods and/or services.
- Discuss performance management and determine appropriate operational performance measures and controls.
- Understand capacity management, apply techniques relating to resource planning, and recommend appropriate actions in a given situation.
- Apply an understanding of supply chain management, inventory management and materials management to given situations.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017