- Code: MGMT.5530
- Fee: $897*
- Level: 5
- Credits: 20
- EFTS: 0.1667
- Subject: Business Management
|Study options||Full-time, Part-time|
|Time in class||65 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1, Semester 2|
|Location||Rotorua (Mokoia), Taupo, Whakatane|
Students will understand the factors that influence management and the organisation and apply a range of factors.
On successful completion of this course, students will:
- describe management and the purpose of organisations;
- understand the development of management philosophies and their influence on current management practices;
- use analytical tools to evaluate the impact that internal and external environments have on organisations;
- understand the influence of ethics and social responsibility on decision making;
- understand the purpose of planning and control and apply processes to a given situation;
- evaluate two types of organisational structures and recommend a structure for a given situation;
- understand and apply ways to lead and motivate individuals and teams; and
- discuss two frameworks of change management in the context of a contemporary issues in an organisation.
Embedded unit standards or achievement standards
This course includes NZQA unit standard 530.
For more information on Unit Standards explore the NZQA Framework
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017