- Code: CONS.3105
- Fee: $726*
- Level: 3
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Carpentry
|Time in class||50 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Secondary Tertiary Pathway Delivery|
|Location||Rotorua Trades Academy, Taupo Trades Academy, Tokoroa Trades Academy, Whakatane Trades Academy|
The aim of this course is to provide students with the knowledge and skills to interpret and create construction sketches and drawings, and perform building calculations based on construction drawings. Students will gain skills in sketching and drawing methods, converting sketches into working drawings, and calculation methods. Students will also prepare an introductory curriculum vitae and evidence portfolio relevant to the construction industry.
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- identify and explain the purpose of lines and symbols used on construction sketches and drawings;
- demonstrate knowledge of sketching and drawing methods and describe their practical application;
- create construction sketches and drawings in accordance with project requirements;
- perform calculations from construction drawings using a range of mathematical methods, including linear and diagonal measurements, areas, volumes and percentages; and
- prepare and present a curriculum vitae and evidence portfolio relevant to the construction industry.
Embedded unit standards or achievement standards
This course includes NZQA unit standards 504. 4252, 11095, 24353, 24378, 26622, 26623, 25526, and 26627.
For more information on Unit Standards explore the NZQA Framework
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017