- Code: CONS.2013
- Fee: $769*
- Level: 2
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Carpentry
|Study options||Full-time, Part-time|
|Time in class||75 (approximate total hours)|
|Work experience||50 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Secondary Tertiary Pathway Delivery|
|Location||Rotorua Trades Academy, Taupo Trades Academy, Tokoroa Trades Academy, Whakatane Trades Academy|
The aim of this course is to provide students with the skills and knowledge required to read and interpret plans, working drawings and specifications, and perform calculations, planning requirements and quality control to construct basic wooden garden furniture.
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Receive and respond to verbal and written instructions for basic wooden garden furniture from working drawings and specifications.
- Identify project components and work requirements, and write a production plan for basic wooden garden furniture from working drawings and specifications.
- Read and interpret working drawings and specifications to prepare a cutting list for furniture components.
- Use accurate measurements to mark-out, cut and machine furniture components.
- Assemble and finish furniture components in accordance with working drawings, specifications and workplace practices.
- Compare the final product against job specifications and identify and rectify any variances.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017