- Code: CONS.2014
- Fee: $512*
- Level: 2
- Credits: 10
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Carpentry
|Study options||Full-time, Part-time|
|Time in class||20 (approximate total hours)|
|Work experience||70 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Secondary Tertiary Pathway Delivery|
|Location||Rotorua Trades Academy, Taupo Trades Academy, Tokoroa Trades Academy, Whakatane Trades Academy|
The aim of this course is to provide students with the skills and knowledge required to construct a pergola and a basic residential fencing and gates and maintain basic residential fence and gate, in accordance with working drawings and specifications.
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify types of fencing and pergola components used in construction of timber pergola, fences and gates, using reading, writing and listening skills.
- Read and interpret working drawings and specifications to plan and monitor the construction of a pergola project and a basic residential fence and gate project.
- Read and interpret working drawings and specifications to determine materials and calculate quantities for a pergola project and a fence and gate project.
- Prepare and record an order for each project for materials based on quantity calculations.
- Set-out, construct and finish a timber pergola and a fence and gate in accordance with working drawings, specifications and workplace practices.
- Perform maintenance on fences and gates.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017