This programme is for individuals within industry only
|Intakes information|| |
When accepted on apprenticeship with ITaBS, any time during the year.
|Location||Tokoroa, Taupo, Whakatane, Rotorua, Tauranga|
Graduates of this qualification will be qualified carpenters. They may go on to further roles in the Carpentry Industry such as site supervision, project management, contracts management, quantity surveying, business owner, building inspection and assessment, tutor or training advisor.
Knowledge and skills you will gain
Graduates will be able to:
- Understand and apply a broad practical working knowledge of the fundamentals required in the carpentry trade in order to undertake all carpentry work, including; tools and equipment, materials, the legislative framework, regulatory requirements, drawings and specifications, building types, methods of construction, building science, building mathematics, and communication.
- Competently plan and carry out all aspects of establishing and maintaining construction sites including preparatory demolition and set out for buildings.
- Competently plan and carry out all aspects of the construction of; framed and solid foundations, and retaining walls.
- Competently plan and carry out all aspects of wall, roof, ceiling, column, post, beam and portal construction to form frames and structures of buildings.
- Competently plan and carry out all aspects of roof claddings, joinery and wall claddings.
- Competently plan and carry out all aspects of insulation, linings, finishing trim, joinery, hardware and sound control systems.
- Self-manage on-going learning and supervise the learning of others with a responsibility to maintain the professional standards of the construction industry.
- Operate competently and unsupervised to the required safety, technical, quality and productivity standards expected in a commercial environment.
When accepted on apprenticeship with ITaBS, any time during the year
Page last updated: 08 Dec 2017