- Code: COMM.6100
- Fee: $716*
- Level: 6
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Communications and Writing
|Pre-requisite||COMP.5960 Business Communications|
The aim of this course is to enable students to understand and demonstrate more advanced communication strategies, use the latest available technologies both interpersonal and written that are relevant to the New Zealand business environment.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate effective presentation techniques including the use of electronic aids on both spontaneous and pre-planned topics. Range: Multimedia, video, documentary, blogs, wikis, podcasting, twitter etc.
- Demonstrate an ability to use a consultative process and to make informed decisions and present the results of that process. Range: Multimedia, video, documentary, blogs, wikis, podcasting, twitter etc.
- Understand the principles of conflict resolution, principles of negotiation and demonstrate an ability to resolve conflict and negotiate a settlement of a problem in a sensitive and productive manner.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and recognise the roles people play in groups and how these roles can be channelled for productive use using a variety of media including online newsgroups, blogs, wikis etc.
- Write a project proposal for a specific project to conform to acceptable business standards. Present the proposal in a variety of ways. Range: Multimedia, video, documentary, blogs, wikis, podcasting, twitter etc.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017