- Code: COMM.7100
- Fee: $793*
- Level: 7
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Communications and Writing
|Time in class||45 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1, Semester 2|
|Pre-requisite||COMM.6100 Advanced Communication Skills|
Design effective technical documents for both written and digital media, with particular emphasis upon technical memos, problem solving and decision making reports, and organisational, product-support and technical-information webs.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Create and/or apply effective design to technical documents for both print and/or digital media consistent with current best practice.
- Use problem-solving and decision making techniques to analyse technical documents.
- Create information architectures appropriate to technical documents in digital environments.
- Apply knowledge of a range of current industry standards, for example W3C web standards and ISO.
- Create correct English technical prose and cite sources in conventional forms and formats and manage legal, ethical, company, government and compliance issues
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017