- Code: COMP.3121
- Fee: $700*
- Level: 3
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Computing
|Time in class||90 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1|
|Location||Rotorua (Mokoia), Waiariki Business and Computing Centre|
|Related programmes||New Zealand Certificate in Computing (Intermediate User) (Level 3);|
This course will introduce students to the concepts of the Internet and email practices for both personal and business usage. The course will also enable students to use word processing and spreadsheet techniques to produce working documents, and learn the key elements of effective file management.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- manage and organise directory structures and computer files for a given purpose;
- demonstrate the functions of an electronic communication system;
- effectively communicate written skills via e-mail for a range of different audiences and purposes;
- use basic word processing skills and demonstrate an ability to perform word processing functions in a variety of applied contexts;
- demonstrate an understanding of basic spread sheet principles for a range of situations;
- effectively perform tasks using the Internet; and
- describe a variety of services provided by the Internet using appropriate reading and writing skills.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017