- Code: COMP.6108
- Fee: $856*
- Level: 6
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Computing
|Time in class||45 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 2|
The aim of this course is to apply the principles of data management with database technology.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Explain the role of a DBMS within a business.
- Produce a conceptual data model for a given set of requirements.
- Develop a logical database design for a given set of requirements.
- Implement a physical design from a given logical design.
- Demonstrate understanding of usability issues in Database Management.
- Explain trends in the use of databases for business problem solving.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017