- Code: COMP.5102
- Fee: $856*
- Level: 5
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Computing
|Time in class||65 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1, Semester 2, May, November|
The aim of this course is to provide students with a good working knowledge of computing devices available today, with an emphasis on personal computing.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- identify and describe a wide selection of hardware components and explain their functions, including selection issues and device control;
- identify and define the computer terminology used in current publications;
- describe the basic purpose and function of an operating system and its interaction with hardware components;
- correctly use and configure a selection of hardware components, and remedy a range of problems relating to them; and
- effectively maintain a selection of hardware components, including identification of the current operational environment, correct handling, and cleaning.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017