- Code: COMP.5101
- Fee: $856*
- Level: 5
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Computing
|Time in class||65 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1, Semester 2|
The aim of this course is to equip the student with a good knowledge of an event-driven programming language and sound programming practices. The student will be able to translate a program specification into solutions and code, to solve problems, to conduct testing of solutions, and to fix errors.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Navigate and use the .Net development environment by developing basic projects that involve events, input, processing data, performing calculations and output.
- Put into practise object-orientated programming.
- Apply the logic structures of the language and design and use intermediate-level data structures.
- Implement subprograms and functions and use special input/output features.
- Access and manipulate data in data-files and databases.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017