- Code: COMP.4101
- Fee: $716*
- Level: 4
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Computing
|Time in class||65 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1|
|Related programmes||New Zealand Certificate in Information Technology Essentials (Level 4) ;|
This course will provide students with an understanding of Internet applications. They will also develop introductory skills for a multimedia application for use in a range of different domains.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- describe recent developments and security issues which relate to the Internet and describe the concepts of Internet culture and etiquette;
- describe the main features of current Internet components;
- create simple web documents;
- demonstrate the features of computer graphics, multimedia and web pages; and
- create presentations from graphics packages and authoring tools.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017