- Code: COMP.3123
- Fee: $700*
- Level: 3
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Computing
|Time in class||90 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1|
|Location||Rotorua (Mokoia), Waiariki Business and Computing Centre|
|Related programmes||New Zealand Certificate in Computing (Intermediate User) (Level 3);|
Students will develop basic keyboarding skills and consider health and safety factors of computer usage. This course will also introduce students to the fundamentals of computer hardware and software, on-line and external storage options and computer security measures.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- demonstrate competency in basic keyboarding skills;
- show knowledge of ergonomic practices to avoid overuse injuries;
- demonstrate knowledge of the basic hardware components of a personal computer system;
- demonstrate knowledge of system software and application software of a personal computer using appropriate reading and writing skills;
- use, share and consider the security of on-line and external storage; and
- demonstrate knowledge of computer security measures.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017