- Code: CREA.5101
- Fee: $740*
- Level: 5
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Art ,
|Time in class||45 (approximate total hours)|
|Work experience||30 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1|
New Zealand Diploma in Arts and Design (Level 5); |
Bachelor of Creative Technologies;
The aim of this course is to provide students with an initial experience of project-based learning. Students will be introduced to the methods, processes and language of drawing and design. Students will orientate themselves in relation to other designers and artists, as well as to the context of visual arts and design.
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Use drawing and design strategies and techniques to communicate visual ideas.
- Research and communicate the influence of local, national and global art, design and cultural context on their own creative work.
- Document research and the creative process.
- Utilise elements and principles of design effectively in accordance with a project brief.
- Work collaboratively to enhance and expedite projects.
- Plan, manage and document projects in a timely way.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017