- Code: CREA.5107
- Fee: $740*
- Level: 5
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Art ,
|Time in class||45 (approximate total hours)|
|Work experience||30 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 2|
New Zealand Diploma in Arts and Design (Level 5); |
Bachelor of Creative Technologies;
The aim of this course is to introduce students to a variety of materials and processes, and enable experimentation with form and structure through a range of workshops. Students will situate their work in relation to historical, cultural, contemporary or futuristic spatial structures to inform the development of innovative three-dimensional outcomes within a team environment.
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Research and document all reference material, practical procesess and supporting notes in the development of a creative output.
- Apply research insights from relevant art and design practices.
- Investigate the tactile qualities and structural attributes of materials to make informed decisions in the development of creative works.
- Create innovative three-dimensional outcomes that demonstrate experimentation with the elements and principles of design.
- Determine and use the necessary equipment, materials and processes in accordance with health and safety protocols.
- Communicate and partcipate in a professional manner within a collaborative workshop environment.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017