- Code: TECE.7021
- Fee: $1,487*
- Level: 7
- Credits: 30
- EFTS: 0.25
- Subject: Early Childhood
|Time in class||10 (approximate total hours)|
|Work experience||250 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 2|
In this course student teachers have the opportunity to integrate the knowledge, skills and understandings gained over the course of their study through the creation, implementation, critique and validation of a personal model of practice. Having an understanding of the complex influences that contextual, personal and professional factors may have on teachers and learners will ensure student teachers' confidence and competence in their role as a professional beginning teacher.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify and critique the complex influences that contextual, personal, and professional factors have on self as teacher and learner, and on teachers and learners.
- Formulate, implement and justify a personal model of practice linked to a chosen area of passion, based on theory, research and aspects of the Teachers Council’s Graduating Teacher Standards.
- Articulate and justify own personal, professional philosophy of teaching and learning.
- Use ICT proficiently to document work with others involved within early childhood education.
- Demonstrate proficiency in te reo me ngā tikanga Māori relevant to early childhood education.
- Engage in critical reflective practice and analyse how it contributes to their on-going development as a student teacher.
- Demonstrates teaching strategies for supporting the development and learning of infants, toddlers and young children.
- Demonstrate aspects of the Teachers Council’s Graduating Teacher Standards for teaching practice 4 to a satisfactory level or above.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017