- Code: TECE.6022
- Fee: $744*
- Level: 6
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Early Childhood
|Time in class||60 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 2|
|Related programmes||Bachelor of Teaching Early Childhood Education;|
This course aims to develop the knowledge, skills and understanding required by early childhood teachers to enable them to facilitate children's learning, interests and appreciation for science and technology in early childhood settings.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Compare and contrast the curriculum areas of science and technology.
- Identify and discuss strategies to support children’s development of science and technology understanding.
- Use cultural stories (including Māori) to illustrate science and technology concepts.
- Plan for, implement, document and evaluate effective ways of working with children in science and technology to develop children’s interests and curiosity.
- Make links to academic literature and research about science and technology education.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017