- Code: GENR.7026
- Fee: $637*
- Level: 7
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Tertiary and Vocational Skills
|Time in class||50 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1, Semester 2|
|Related programmes||Graduate Diploma in Mentoring and Professional Leadership;|
The aim of this course is to provide an opportunity for students, under the guidance of a research supervisor, to develop the practice-based research skills necessary to write a research proposal on an issue relevant to the profession.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Critically analyse a practical issue to identify a research question.
- Examine literature to position the identified research question.
- Select and justify appropriate research techniques and processes by researching and critically analysing best practice methodologies.
- Examine ethical issues associated with research including the principles of kaupapa Māori.
- Prepare a research proposal that takes into account all components of a professional research proposal such as literature review, methodology, and ethical procedures.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017