- Code: FMAN.6113
- Fee: $744*
- Level: 6
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Forest Management
|Time in class||65 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 2|
|Pre-requisite||FMAN.6110 Silviculture Planning|
|Related programmes||New Zealand Diploma in Forest Management (Level 6);|
This course will allow students to further develop their knowledge and skills in forest management systems and planning through the development of a medium term forest management plan for a small forest estate.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe the objectives of forest management and the factors that will affect the management options of a forest.
- Explain the concept of yield regulation.
- Plan and regulate the yield of a small forest estate for a 5 year period.
- Analyse stand records to plan, schedule and budget operations on a small forest estate for a 5 year period including establishment, releasing, pruning, thinning, harvesting, protection and overheads.
- Develop a 5 year labour plan for a small forest estate.
- Evaluate fire protection, management strategies in commercial forestry.
- Evaluate forest health management strategies in a commercial forest.
- Evaluate security management strategies in a commercial forest.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017