- Code: FMAN.5109
- Fee: $744*
- Level: 5
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Forest Management
|Time in class||65 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1|
|Related programmes||New Zealand Diploma in Forest Management (Level 6);|
The aim of this course is to provide students with an understanding of log grades and log measurement, log markets, and log logistics operations. The concepts of supply chain management are introduced, including management of inventory, analysis of log supply chain options, and monitoring of a supply chain in commercial forestry in New Zealand.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Understand log scaling procedures and calculate log volume.
- Describe domestic log grades and export log grades and operations.
- Describe transport modes and log distribution systems.
- Describe road transport configurations used for log transport.
- Explain the concepts of supply chain management, including inventory management used in forestry operations.
- Describe the market segments and sales arrangements for commercial forestry products.
- Analyse given forestry supply chains and explain monitoring of a supply chain.
Embedded unit standards or achievement standards
This course includes NZQA unit standards 1142, 17770 and 25749.
For more information on Unit Standards explore the NZQA Framework
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017