- Code: FMAN.6111
- Fee: $744*
- Level: 6
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Forest Management, Forestry Operations
|Time in class||65 (approximate total hours)|
|Work experience||10 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1|
|Pre-requisite||FMAN.5108 Forestry Business Systems|
|Related programmes||New Zealand Diploma in Forest Management (Level 6);|
The aim of this course is to provide students with knowledge of effective business planning for small forestry businesses. A business plan will be developed; commercial protection and operations equipment requirements will be determined and a contract for a forestry operation will be developed; negotiated and managed.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify a forestry business opportunity, establish goals and objectives, select a business structure and develop a business plan for a selected forestry business.
- Identify areas of protection required for a forestry business and select a commercial protection option from those available.
- Determine, evaluate and select equipment required for a forestry operation.
- Carry out a competitive tendering process.
- Describe contract negotiation, development and management in the forest industry.
Embedded unit standards or achievement standards
|Prepare a business plan for a forestry business||4289||6||6|
|Determine forestry operations equipment requirements||4293||6||3|
|Identify commercial protection requirements for a forestry business||4296||5||2|
|Demonstrate knowledge of tendering, negotiating, and managing a contract in a business operation||19030||4||5|
For more information on Unit Standards explore the NZQA Framework
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017