- Code: FMAN.5901
- Fee: $744*
- Level: 5
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Forest Management
|Time in class||40 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1|
The aim of this course is for students to develop an understanding of the main commercial forest harvesting systems. Students will also develop an understanding of procedures for costing the elements of forestry operations.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Review and appraise a variety of specialized forest harvesting systems
- Describe management strategies for forest landing, harvesting and post-harvesting activities.
- Prepare and present basic forestry activity costings
- Understand strategies for the achievement of Forest harvesting objectives
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017