- Code: FROP.3100
- Fee: $608*
- Level: 3
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Forestry Operations
|Study options||Full-time, Part-time|
|Time in class||90 (approximate total hours)|
|Work experience||10 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1, On Demand|
|Location||Rotorua (Mokoia), Taupo, Murupara, Napier, Opotiki|
The aim of this course is to provide students with the knowledge of: general health and safety responsibilities and environmental requirements; emergency procedures and communication systems to maintain safety during commercial forestry operations and vegetation fires; and common first aid conditions and responses.
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Interpret and explain general health and safety responsibilities and environmental requirements in a forest.
- Identify and describe fire behaviour, fire suppression strategies, personal safety requirements and safe work practices in relation vegetation fires.
- Interpret, describe and record injury prevention, hazard management, response procedures, and use communication systems to maintain safety during commercial forestry operations.
- Identify, describe and provide appropriate responses to common first aid and life-threatening conditions.
Embedded unit standards or achievement standards
|Manage first aid in emergency situations||6400||3||2|
|Provide first aid||6401||2||1|
|Provide resuscitation level 2||6402||1||1|
|Demonstrate knowledge of protection of personal safety at vegetation fires||3285||3||3|
|Demonstrate knowledge of general health, safety, and environmental requirements in forestry||17769||2||5|
|Demonstrate knowledge of, and contribute to, worksite health and safety for commercial forestry operations||24574||3||5|
For more information on Unit Standards explore the NZQA Framework
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017