- Code: FROP.3104
- Fee: $608*
- Level: 3
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Forestry Operations
|Study options||Full-time, Part-time|
|Time in class||60 (approximate total hours)|
|Work experience||60 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1, On Demand|
|Location||Rotorua (Mokoia), Taupo, Murupara, Napier, Opotiki|
The aim of this course is to provide students with the knowledge of landing operations, log making, hazards and hazard management for landing operations; and processing logs on a landing under supervision in accordance with the Best Practice Guide.
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Explain the requirements of landing operations, log making, hazards and hazard management for landing operations.
- Process logs on a landing under supervision.
- Prepare for processing stems on a landing.
- Release logs on a landing prior to processing.
- Trim and cut tree stems on a landing.
- Assess quality of own processing work.
Embedded unit standards or achievement standards
|Process tree stems on a landing||6924||3||10|
|Demonstrate forestry foundation skills under supervision for landing operations||22999||2||10|
For more information on Unit Standards explore the NZQA Framework
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017