- Code: FROP.3001
- Fee: $496*
- Level: 3
- Credits: 10
- EFTS: 0.0833
- Subject: Forestry Operations
|Time in class||35 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1, Secondary Tertiary Pathway Delivery|
|Location||Tokoroa, Taupo, Whakatane, Waipa, Rotorua Trades Academy|
This course provides students with the knowledge of basic maintenance and safe use of a chainsaw for non-commercial or domestic use.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- understand Health and Safety requirements relating to chainsaw use
- identify all chainsaw components, and explain their functions
- demonstrate the correct and safe use and basic maintenance of a chainsaw for small wood operations
- select and communicate information using appropriate language related to chainsaw operation
Embedded unit standards or achievement standards
This course includes NZQA unit standards 6916 and 6917.
For more information on Unit Standards explore the NZQA Framework
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017